All moves into the building and out of the building must be scheduled through building management by calling (202) 454-5860. Please note that scheduling will be handled on a first come, first serve basis.
NOTE – 24-hours written notification to the management office will be necessary when there is moving of bulky materials, office furniture or equipment in or out of the building.
1. All moves must be performed outside the building’s normal hours of operation, Monday through Friday after 7:00 pm, and on weekends between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm. An Engineer must be “on duty” during all after hours moves and the hourly cost is $90.00/hour on Saturday and $180/hour on Sunday, with a four hour minimum.
2. The following is subject to management’s approval:
a) Time of delivery or move
b) Method of movement
c) Routing of movement
IMPORTANT: ALL MOVES MUST BE MADE THROUGH THE LOADING DOCK, WHICH IS AT THE REAR OF THE BUILDING ALONG L STREET. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANY DELIVERIES BE BROUGHT THROUGH THE MAIN LOBBY DOORS OR ON THE PARKING GARAGE ELEVATORS. ONLY THE SERVICE ELEVATOR MAY BE USED DURING YOUR MOVE IN OR OUT OF THE BUILDING.
3. Tenant is responsible for injury or damage to any person or property involved as a result of tenant deliveries or move-ins.
4. Two and four-wheel dollies, carts, or other type of conveyances (with the exception of baby buggies and wheelchairs) must be taken into the service elevator only. PLEASE NOTE ONLY PACKAGES, CARTONS OR OTHER ITEMS THAT CAN BE SAFELY CARRIED BY HAND MAY BE TRANSPORTED ON PASSENGER ELEVATORS.
5. Materials that can cause inconvenience or damage should not be carried on passenger elevators.
6. All dollies and conveyances of materials, supplies, or equipment must enter through the loading area and be transported on the service elevator. The loading dock is located in the back of the building. Under no circumstances should any deliveries be brought through the front lobby doors. Tenant shall not use hand trucks, including mail carts, except those equipped with rubber wheels and side guards or such other material-handling equipment as Landlord may approve. Tenant shall not bring other vehicles of any kind into the building without approval of the landlord.
7. If a professional moving company is making the delivery, tenant must provide the management office with a certificate of insurance for the moving company, naming the following as additional insured’s: Wells REIT II – 80 M Street, LLC, Columbia Property Trust, Inc., including its affiliated and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees as additional insureds.
8. The tenant will be responsible for ensuring that the floor and elevator (including carpeting, brass, chrome, marble and wood) are protected during the move. Hallways walls and floors must be protected using masonite or similar protection materials. The common areas must be cleared of debris after the delivery is completed. All costs incurred by Columbia Property Trust to clean or repair damages to the common areas will be billed to the tenant.
9. Tenant will not allow their movers to stage any materials to be moved in the elevator lobbies, hallways, or loading dock. All materials must be immediately brought down through the service corridor and loaded onto the respective vehicle.
10. Any costs incurred by the building to dispose of furniture, trash or debris left behind will be borne by the tenant.
11. Tenant shall provide written certification that their mover’s vehicles can meet the loading dock height, width and turning radius restrictions prior to the move date being scheduled. Costs to repair damage that occurs to the loading dock areas as a result of a move will be borne by the tenant. Long moving vans will not meet the limited turning radius needed to access the loading dock.
12. All costs incurred by the building to repair any delivery damage will be borne by the tenant.